[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at intel.com
Thu Apr 20 13:01:48 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Apr 2017, Mark Brown <broonie at kernel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:31:31AM +0300, Jani Nikula wrote:
>
>> subsystem/driver. Some maintainers just ignore it completely.
>> MAINTAINERS now has the "B:" entry to document where maintainers want
>> bugs reported, and I'd like to see more maintainers document their
>> preferences there.
>
> I'd expect that a large proportion of people are assuming the default is
> to report it to the list.

Seems like the right thing to do is to better document the expectations
in Documentation/admin-guide/reporting-bugs.rst, and then point
MAINTAINERS and, more importantly, [1] and [2] to that.

BR,
Jani.

[1] https://bugzilla.kernel.org/page.cgi?id=faq.html
[2] https://bugzilla.kernel.org/page.cgi?id=bug-writing.html