[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Wed Apr 26 14:43:56 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-04-26 at 16:34 +0200, Jiri Kosina wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017, James Bottomley wrote:
>
> > When we tried this in SCSI we had mixed results.  The problem is
> > that holding up patches in this way causes even more complaints, so
> > you have to be really disciplined about it (and up front about the
> > reasons).

> Another problem is that sending e-mail containing 'Reviewed-by:' is
> way too easy if it's being motivated by something else than a real
> desire to actually perform the review.

Agreed, but I think you'll find most maintainers have a "trust factor"
for reviewers.  Perhaps we should discuss how we arrive at this and how
we should make it more public.  The way I often deal with less trusted
reviewers is to redo their review and point out all the things they
missed and ask them not to come back until they can be more thorough.

James