[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINERS SUMMIT] & [TECH TOPIC] Improve regression tracking

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Fri Aug 4 01:15:27 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 12:51:07PM -0600, Shuah Khan wrote:

> It wasn't my intent to be hostile.

Sorry I wasn't clear; I wasn't saying you were being hostile.  It's
just that I am simultaneously trying to test multiple kernel
cofigurations against a common source tree, and the reason why I use
separate build directories is the alternative is each time I change
configurations, around 2 GB of object files get rewritten.  So a
feature which requires that I give up a workflow such that I would be
I constantly rebuild (and rewrite) gigabytes of object files is
hostile to be my development workflow --- and so unless I hear
testimonials about how it's amazingly useful, I'm highly unlikely to
even experiment with it.

Nothing personal.... it just doesn't fit with my development practices.

Cheers,

					- Ted