[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] is Kconfig a bit hard sometimes?

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Thu Jul 6 21:19:46 UTC 2017

On Thursday 06 Jul 2017 17:40:29 Dan Carpenter wrote:
> People have mentioned "make oldconfig" but I've never had a lot of luck
> with that.  It always just prints "* Restart config..." and deletes my
> config.

I like oldconfig as it makes it easy to find about new options when upgrading
the kernel. However, there's one thing that bothers me. When jumping by more
than one kernel version, the number of options can be quite high, in which
case I sometimes make mistakes answering questions. I'd love it if Kconfig
allowed me to go back and correct mistakes, instead of having to note the
option down and modify it manually afterwards.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart