[Ksummit-discuss] Maintainer's Summit Agenda Planning

Joe Perches joe at perches.com
Mon Oct 9 17:04:05 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-10-09 at 09:56 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
> I was actually thinking we validate the script

That's the hard part.
Completeness and correctness are non trivial.

> and if there are no problems, apply it at -rc1

I also think that might be the best mechanism.

> However, if we agree a
> curation path for the script, the application could be done by Jíři as
> a pull from the trivial tree (unless Linus wanted to do it himself or
> someone else wanted to manage this).

Perhaps a kbuild robot variant could be utilized here.

Many changes should produce no object code differences
and validation of the correctness of the changes might
be better done using compilation comparison tools.