[Ksummit-discuss] Draft Agenda for the Kernel Summit

Thorsten Leemhuis linux at leemhuis.info
Fri Oct 20 03:32:53 UTC 2017

Lo! On 20.10.2017 04:18, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 08:15:34PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
>> Wednesday
>> =========
>> 11:05 Improve regression tracking (Thorsten Leemhuis)
>
> I'm finalizing the schedule for the kernel summit, and I wanted to
> check in with you about whether (a) you think this topic is still a
> useful one for us to have,

IMHO it definitely is. The mailing list discussion when I proposed that
session here shows there were a lot of people interested in regression
tracking or bug reporting/qa in general. And it was something that was
discussed in the past years on the kerenl or maintainers summit all the
time afaics from lwn.net reporting; sometimes it special sessions,
sometimes it just came up somewhere.

And FWIW: I just plan to speak a few minutes about my work and then go
over to a more discussion style format to ask people how to improve
things. From there we can also drift to some of the other topics that
came up on this list when I proposed the sessions (I wanted to mentioned
those anyway as a sort of reminder).

> and (b) whether you will be available / the
> best person to lead the topic.

Well, I'm the new kid in town, so maybe I'm not. Rafael (CCed) is
interested in this topic as well and is more experienced in the format.
I had thought about asking him to join me on stage anway if he wants, as
I expected him to be around. But if you think he's better suited for
leading this session I can hand over to him. no worries.

Ciao, Thorsten