[Ksummit-discuss] Reminder v2: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections -- Call for nominations

Frank Rowand frowand.list at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 07:47:38 UTC 2017

Hi Chris,

On 10/23/17 05:28, Chris Mason wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 10:21:04PM -0700, Frank Rowand wrote:
>>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Could you please list the current membership of the TAB, and which members'
>> terms are expiring?
>
> Hi Frank,
>
> Greg sent the link to the TAB, these terms are expiring:
>
> Jon Corbet
> Greg Kroah-Hartman
> Shuah Khan
> Steve Rostedt
> Ted Tso
>
> -chris

Thanks Chris and Greg.

Just as a matter of how any rotating board election is conducted,
it seems it would be useful if the election announcement and/or
promotion material gave a little bit more information that is
useful to the voters making an informed decision.  To me, for
the TAB, I take into consideration the balance of representation
of the different portions of the kernel community.  To do that
I have to know who the five remaining member will be.  And knowing
whose links are expiring tells me who of the candidates is
potentially extending their current membership on the TAB,
which is also of interest.

That is a long worded way of saying, I think this information
should be provide to the voters in every TAB election, and
the voters should not have to go seek out the information
(yeah, yeah, lazy voters get what they deserve :-), whatever...).

So, for my fellow lazy voters...  TAB members whose terms are
not expiring are:

Chris Mason
Dan Williams
H. Pete Anvin
Olof Johansson
Rik Van Riel

And the term info is not on the web page, so thank you for
sending that Chris.

Next, it seems to be a tradition for me to ask what has the
TAB been up to for the last year.  My google-fu (also suspect)
leads me to https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/tab/start and
https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/tab/minutes/start which only
has minutes up to October 2010.  Is there a location with
more current minutes?

Thanks,

Frank