[Ksummit-discuss] Maintainer's Summit 2017 Feedback Thread

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Mon Oct 30 17:42:33 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 06:08 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> Please reply to this thread if you have any comments about how we can
> organize the Maintainer's Summit for next year.  Given that Linus
> seemed fairly happy with how things went, it's likely we will stick
> with the same format for next year, but if there are any details about
> how we could do things better, I'd greatly appreciate them.

Something Linus was very clear about is that regressions are not acceptable.
The best way I know to reduce the number of regressions is to increase the
efforts on automatic testing. Should the number of tests that is run by the
zero-day testing infrastructure be increased? Should more tests be added?
Should the documentation that is available on
https://01.org/lkp/documentation/0-day-test-service perhaps be moved
elsewhere, e.g. inside that repository? Do we need a link on kernel.org or
in the kernel documentation to that project?

Thanks,

Bart.