[Ksummit-discuss] Maintainer's Summit 2017 Feedback Thread

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Oct 30 18:46:05 UTC 2017

On Sun, 29 Oct 2017 11:08:16 +0100,
Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please reply to this thread if you have any comments about how we can
> organize the Maintainer's Summit for next year.  Given that Linus
> seemed fairly happy with how things went, it's likely we will stick
> with the same format for next year, but if there are any details about
> how we could do things better, I'd greatly appreciate them.

I find such a small group is suitable for discussions, too, as the
atmosphere there was a kind of extended hallway sessions.  Especially
I felt it after the tables were gathered and the mic got off.  A
slightly more attendees would still work, too, though.

But the room assignment needs more consideration: not only pillars in
the middle, the room was too large for a small group, and the constant
noise for preparing the lunch was a bit annoying.

With my distro maintainer hat on, I believe that it would have been
better if we had an open session for things like "bash distro kernels
(or vice versa)" before the maintainers summit.  The "regression
tracking" and "bash kernel maintainers" topics went well in the
maintainers summit since we had sorted out the focused points
beforehand.  Otherwise the discussion will be blurred.

thanks,

Takashi