[Ksummit-discuss] Kernel Summit 2017 Feedback Thread

Theodore Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Mon Oct 30 19:41:30 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 08:26:01AM -0700, Laura Abbott wrote:

> What ended up happening in the unconference anyway? I mostly didn't
> think about it but part of that was not knowing what was being
> discussed. I get the nature of the unconference makes it hard to
> plan ahead but there didn't seem to be a good way to know what was
> being discussed.

There was one unconference slot used this year, and it was a
continuation of the Linux security discussion.  People were supposed
to post proposals to the ksummit-discuss list, but this didn't seem to
work very well this year compared to last year in Santa Fe (where
roughly half of the unconference slots were used).

It could have been that between KVM Forum, ELC, and OSS Europe, there
was simply less of a need for more kernel-oriented discussions.

One of the things I've thought about doing for next year is to set up
a wiki page to make it easier for people to sign up slots.

	       	       	       	      	  - Ted