[Ksummit-discuss] Maintainer's Summit 2017 Feedback Thread

Bart Van Assche Bart.VanAssche at wdc.com
Mon Oct 30 21:27:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, 2017-10-30 at 22:20 +0100, Greg KH wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 05:42:33PM +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote:
> > On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 06:08 -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> > > Please reply to this thread if you have any comments about how we can
> > > organize the Maintainer's Summit for next year.  Given that Linus
> > > seemed fairly happy with how things went, it's likely we will stick
> > > with the same format for next year, but if there are any details about
> > > how we could do things better, I'd greatly appreciate them.
> >
> > Something Linus was very clear about is that regressions are not acceptable.
> > The best way I know to reduce the number of regressions is to increase the
> > efforts on automatic testing. Should the number of tests that is run by the
> > zero-day testing infrastructure be increased? Should more tests be added?
>
> Are there tests out there that 0-day does not currently run?  If there
> are any out there that 0-day should run that it does not, you can always
> add new ones, the 0-day client code is on github...

0-day is the only test infrastructure of which I know that it is run
automatically for the Linux kernel. How should a developer decide which project
to add new tests to: 0-day, ltp (Linux Test Project), ktest, xfstests, blktests
or any other Linux kernel testing project that I am not aware of?

Thanks,

Bart.