[Ksummit-discuss] Notes & Slides from Devicetree Workshop at Kernel Summit Prague (26 Oct 2017)

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Mon Oct 30 22:08:35 UTC 2017

On Mon, 30 Oct 2017 at 17:49, Rob Herring <robh at kernel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Grant Likely
> <grant.likely at secretlab.ca> wrote:
> > Thank you to everyone who attended the Devicetree Workshop as part of
> > the 2017 Kernel Summit in Prague last week. I heard lots of good
> > feedback, and I'm already thinking about how to organize next year's
> > gathering.
> >
> > Slides and notes have been uploaded to elinux.org. A summary of the
> > topics and next steps still needs to be written. You can find the
> > notes and slides here:
> >

> https://elinux.org/Device_tree_future#Kernel_Summit_2017.2C_Devicetree_Workshop
>
> Grant, your slides are from 2016 LPC. Is that the right deck? (It's
> also ODP, not PDF as labeled in the wiki.)

Your looking at the 2016 section from last year. The 2017 stuff is below
that. I noticed the odp/pdf problem as well on last year’s slides, but
didn’t get around to fixing it.

> From the notes, I don't get a sense if there's some direction on JSON
> Schema vs. eBPF. Any comments on that.

Pantelis and I are going to merge our plans and present a new proposal. It
will be mostly json schema with DT specific extensions. eBPF would be
encoded in that.

g.