[Ksummit-discuss] Kernel Summit 2017 Feedback Thread

Mark Brown broonie at kernel.org
Tue Oct 31 16:29:37 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 30, 2017 at 06:06:52PM -0400, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> It was announced several months ago on the ksummit-discuss list when
> we sent out the call for Maintainer's Summit and Kernel Summit topics.

> be interested was on ksummit-discuss anyway.  Also, this was a
> continuation of the Kernel Summit "Open Day", where the technical
> track was open to all attendees of the colocated conference (e.g.,
> Plumbers in Santa Fe, Linux Con Korea in Seoul, etc.) in previous
> years.

I suspect that continuing to call it Kernel Summit and Kernel Summit
Open Day(s) might've avoided some of the confusion - I know it took me a
while to register that Kernel Summit was now the open part of things and
there was a new name for the invite only bit.  Perhaps that'll be
clearer next year though.