[Ksummit-discuss] "Maintainer summit" invitation discussion

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Wed Sep 20 15:58:28 UTC 2017

On 9/20/2017 11:31 AM, James Bottomley wrote:

>>> We've collected the sponsor's money and paid for the space, so it's
>>> as certain to happen as any previous kernel summit.
>>
>> I knew the kernel summit was going to happen...
>
> I took "this" in your email to refer to Maintainer Summit, so that's
> what the above is about.

Ah, see, while I was on this thread and named by Linus as one of the
subsystems that he sees might benefit from this, I never got an invite
so I didn't know the maintainer summit was happening versus tentative.

>>>  The maintainer's summit is tacked on to a bigger kernel summit,
>>> which is open to all and also has reserved space in Prague.
>>
>> The question is whether or not this is going to happen...
>
> Confused by what "this" is here,

I was referring to the maintainer's summit.  The kernel summit was a
given, and I thought you were referring to it when you said it was
booked and paid for.

> however: both the kernel summit and
> the maintainer summit are happening.  The former merely requires a
> OSSE+ELCE pass and the latter an invite.

See above as to why I didn't know if it was happening.

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
    GPG Key ID: B826A3330E572FDD