[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINERS SUMMIT] Bug-introducing patches

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Sun Sep 9 12:50:31 UTC 2018

Hi Linus,

On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 09:17:18 -0700 Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> For example, for me, the merge window is my busiest season by far
> (obviously).  I try to schedule my time off to coincide with late in
> the rc, because it's just quieter: at that point I'm mostly waiting
> for stuff.
>
> But that's actually _supposed_ to be just me (and maybe Stephen Rothwell).

Actually, my quiet time is about rc1 to rc3, because everything I was
dealing with is now in your tree and people haven't added new stuff to
their trees yet (at least not much).  My busiest time is rc6 to the
middle of the merge window as people stuff in all the bits and pieces
that need to be merged (and manage to create conflicts with what you
have already merged during the merge window) :-(

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell