[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Sep 10 15:10:48 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 5:08 AM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley at hansenpartnership.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2018-09-10 at 04:53 -1000, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> >   "Live without email - possible?"
>
> Can I propose one small alteration to the topic:
>
>         "Patches without Email - Possible?"

Yes, better. That's what I meant anyway.

I still want the pull requests as email, and I still think email is
often the best way to discuss things.

It was more the "patch-bomb" model that I think it really wearing
people down. I know it used to wear me down. I'm *so* much happier
doing pull requests than handling patches.

              Linus