[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Mon Sep 10 16:07:35 UTC 2018

On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 5:47 PM, Konstantin Ryabitsev
<konstantin at linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2018 at 03:38:07PM +0000, Sasha Levin via Ksummit-discuss
> wrote:
>>
>> Yes, some maintainers started adding links to lkml archives, but those
>> are very inconsistent and often just point to the patch submission
>> rather than relevant discussions.
>>
>> I'm not sure what's a good way to solve this, but I'd really like to
>> stop losing this valuable information as a result of the current
>> process.
>

> This is partly the goal behind cregit:
>
> https://cregit.linuxsources.org/
>
> The plan is that the next version of cregit will become an official
> kernel.org resource some time mid-next year, and will aggregate as much
> information about the kernel code as it can from various places, including
> patchwork.

Assuming we do indeed switch some parts of the drm process over to
gitlab (very big assumption here), whom would we need to chat with to
do that?

Atm what we're doing with patchwork is automatically add a Link: with
the https:// patchwork url for that patch. Which then has links to the
overall series, with CI results and discussions and all that. Plan for
gitlab is to do something similar, if we start using it for real for
anything. Would that be good enough?

Thanks, Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter