[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

Daniel Vetter daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch
Tue Sep 11 10:17:45 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:09 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven
<geert at linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 12:01 PM Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter at ffwll.ch> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 11:08 AM, Geert Uytterhoeven
>> <geert at linux-m68k.org> wrote:

>> > Which unfortunately cannot be said about the ARM patch system...
>>
>> Is there some docs about this ARM patch systems? Or just a link to
>> what it is? I've never heard of it, until this thread here.
>
> http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/info.php

Thanks.

> It does take git-send-email patches, IFF they follow the rules.
>
> I've just discovered it's even linked to from Documentation/arm/README,
> which is horridly out-of-date (2.6? FTP?).

>From a quick look: This is essentially another reimplementation of the
patchwork idea (but probably predating that)? With the difference it's
not all that accepting as patchwork, and it doesn't just automatically
read a mailing list en-passant. Or am I off the mark?
-Daniel
--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation