[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH TOPIC] Torwards a more scalable KVM hypervisor

Theodore Y. Ts'o tytso at mit.edu
Wed Sep 12 03:12:13 UTC 2018

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 12:39:26AM +0000, Wanpeng Li wrote:
> The kvm hypervisor is at the core of cloud computing, Virtual
> Machine based approaches to workload consolidation, as seen in IaaS
> cloud as well as data center platforms, have long had to contend
> with performance degradation caused by synchronization primitives
> inside the guest environments. These primitives can be affected by
> virtual CPU preemptions by the host scheduler that can introduce
> delays that are orders of magnitude longer than those primitives
> were designed for. In this presentation, Wanpeng Li will introduce
> current progress to mitigate TLB Shootdown Preemption. In addition,
> Wanpeng Li will also introduce Exitless IPIs to scale large VMs.

It looks like you are proposing an English language version of this
talk from LinuxCon China:

https://lc32018.sched.com/event/ER9W/torwards-a-more-scalable-kvm-hypervisor-wanpeng-li-tencent-cloud

Is that correct?  I wasn't able to find slides from the LinuxCon China
presentations.  Are they available?

Thanks,

					- Ted