[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

Thomas Gleixner tglx at linutronix.de
Wed Sep 12 18:44:52 UTC 2018

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018, Alexandre Belloni wrote:
> On 12/09/2018 11:14:14+0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> I'm not saying there aren't any issues and that the level of reviews is
> sufficient but I really don't think problematic maintainers are as
> widespread as Daniel claims. It is really getting tiring to see him
> show random statistics and draw wrong conclusions from them.

Agreed. Lies, damned lies and statistics...

The really interesting metric would be bugs/nr_commits. That gives you
valuable information how good your subsystem works and interacts with the
rest of the kernel.

But even then you need to be careful about analyzing the nature of the
bugs, which range between sloppy and incredibly unfortunate because subtle
interaction with changes outside of that maintainer tree brought the
carefully worked out patch into broken state.

Thanks,

	tglx