[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Tue Sep 18 16:50:45 UTC 2018

On Tue, 2018-09-18 at 09:02 -0700, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 01:38:09PM +0300, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
>
> > Would there be some value in creating new git-send-gmail or git-send-outlook
> > scripts that would work around the issues with common mail providers ?
>
> At least with Outlook the problem is partly that Outlook's model of how
> e-mail works isn't really able to cope with what we need, it translates
> everything into internal formats in a way that is at best fragile for
> what we need.

Outlook is a pile of crap, but Exchange itself works tolerably these
days. It's fairly simple to send and receive patches through Exchange
if you don't make the mistake of using Outlook.

Perhaps I should add an Exchange Web Services back end to
git-send-email so that people can use that instead of SMTP... :)