[Ksummit-discuss] [MAINTAINER SUMMIT] community management/subsystem governance

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at ideasonboard.com
Tue Sep 18 23:16:53 UTC 2018

On Wednesday, 19 September 2018 00:01:47 EEST Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Sep 2018 09:35:28 -0700 Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> >>
> >> Or, shock, horror, tell one-time contributors that it is OK to
> >> put the patch in an attachment to the e-mail.  Outlook doesn't
> >> (usually) mess with the contents of attachments.
> >
> > And then have maintainer having hard time trying to comment on said
> > patch in the attachment. I'd rather not.
>
> This is why I use claws-mail. One of the nice features to it, is if you
> receive a patch as an attachment, you open it up, select all the text
> (right-click->select all), and then hit "reply". It makes it just as if
> the patch was the email. Then you can easily make your inline comments
> as usual.

I wouldn't mind patches sent as attachments if I could just hit a reply-as-
inline shortcut that would take all attachments and properly inline them,
quoting the result and opening the reply window. That should be fairly easy to
implement in <insert-mail-client-here> but more difficult if we wanted to
patch all popular (and less popular) mail clients.

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart