[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH-TOPIC] Review - Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

Tim.Bird at sony.com Tim.Bird at sony.com
Tue Sep 25 16:51:40 UTC 2018

I am speaking only for myself, but I couldn't agree more, on all points.

I think Mauro raised some very good points about aspects of the CoC
being a better fit for a github-style project as opposed to a widely
distributed e-mail based project.  And certainly the ambiguity regarding the
treatment of published e-mails as private information needs to be
resolved.  So I think it's unquestionable that the CoC will need to change.

But I still don't know what the process for that is, and I hope that
we'll see some suggestions at Maintainers Summit, that can be discussed
as a wider community.  I agree that the Maintainer Summit and Plumbers
doesn't represent all affected community members, and that should
definitely be taken into account.
 -- Tim