[Ksummit-discuss] [TECH-TOPIC] Review - Code of Conduct: Let's revamp it.

Jani Nikula jani.nikula at intel.com
Wed Sep 26 06:54:00 UTC 2018

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018, Joe Perches <joe at perches.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2018-09-24 at 16:15 -0700, James Bottomley wrote:
>> as a maintainer, I'm happy to try to police
>> civility by calling adverse behaviours out on the list
>
> Good for you, but that's not necessarily something others
> might want to do.  Nor should have to.

I think the only way any code of conduct is ever going to work is
top-down, with maintainers leading by example, both in terms of
following and enforcing the CoC. It's not going to work bottom-up, nor
with everyone always involving the TAB directly. For the most part, it's
just a matter of explicitly asking people to be civil anyway.

This may well be the biggest reason the "code of conlict" did not
succeed, despite the large number of acks.

BR,
Jani.

--
Jani Nikula, Intel Open Source Graphics Center