[Lf_carrier] CGL 5.0 - Git

Guillaume FORTAINE gui.fortaine at orange.fr
Sun May 18 07:30:32 PDT 2008

Dear Greg,

Thank You for Your Reply.

1)
> What specific kernel patches are required for CGL 5.0 that is not
> currently in the kernel.org tree that would require a different branch?

The Carrier Gaps :

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/CGL_Documentation_Strategy

 Satisfied Requirements

The workgroup will begin by taking the published CGL 4.0 documents and splitting them into two parts. The "Satisfied Requirements" document will include all requirements that are fully satisfied by the current mainline kernel and/or latest enterprise distributions. The goal is to have a formal way for the carrier community to communicate to their vendors and the Linux community what requirements they expect to continue to be satisfied over time. This document is not expected to change frequently, except by having new requirements added to it as they are satisfied.

Carrier Gaps

The second, and more dynamic document, is the "Carrier Gaps" document. This document describes carrier requirements that are not currently satisfied by the mainline kernel and/or latest enterprise distros. Each requirement will include one or more specific examples of carrier needs that are not currently being satisfied. These requirements should include some proof-of-concept to avoid blue-sky requirements. Examples of proofs-of-concept are proposed patchsets, the existence in other OSes like Windows or Solaris, or existing products that use different approaches such as a hard RTOS.

2) To quote from akpm :

how-to-get-kernel.org-accounts is described at
http://www.kernel.org/faq/#account

However a separate git server works just fine.

Best Regards,