[Lf_carrier] CGL 5.0 - Git

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Sun May 18 20:37:49 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 18, 2008 at 08:53:35PM +0200, Guillaume FORTAINE wrote:
> Dear Greg,
>
> 1)
>
> > I understand that the CGL group feels there are gaps, and has tried to
> > document them, that's fine.  My point being where are those kernel
> > patches that implement those gaps, and why are they not being submitted
> > to the main kernel.org tree for inclusion for everyone to use?
> >
> > Setting up a separate tree does no one any good, unless you want to
> > never get the code merged...
>

> http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/CGL_Documentation_Strategy

<snip>

Yes, I know all about this, you don't have to post it again...

> I totally agree and my first mail was an attempt to get rid of these
> shadow practices. I am only aware of 2 publicly available patches for
> the Carrier Gaps :
>
> http://ppacc.sourceforge.net/ (for 2.6.18.6)

Heh, that's _very_ old.  What gap does that solve?  And why is it not in
the upstream kernel yet if it is a necessary thing?

> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=36127

sf.net is down right now, what does this patch do?

And again, creating a git tree will not do anything, proof of that can
date and contains stuff not upstream :(

thanks,

greg k-h