[Lightning-dev] Python LightningNetwork implementation

Jasper Hugunin jasper at hashplex.com
Wed Aug 12 16:12:16 UTC 2015

Sorry for the wait.

Here is the repo: https://github.com/hashplex/Lightning

This version is meant to be a minimal node able to send payment across
multiple hops in the network. I intend to follow Rusty's micro-payment
channel design, but revocation and HTLCs have not yet been implemented.
Routing also uses an insecure payment forwarding algorithm (since HTLCs are
missing), and does not handle channels closing. See the GitHub issue
tracker for more details.

I have attempted to split the server, the UI, the channel protocol, and the
routing protocol into separate modules so that they can be developed
independently. My hope is that someone interested in routing can work on
the routing protocol before micro-payment channels are fully secured.

I look forward to working with you all,
- Jasper