[Lightning-dev] HTLCs using OP_CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY/OP_LOCKTIMEVERIFY and revocation hashes.

Adam Back adam at cypherspace.org
Tue Jul 7 19:59:28 UTC 2015

The use of the private key sending function, is just intended to be a
more compact and efficient way of sending the other end of the channel
a signed message, it says "well here, have the private key, you can
sign it yourself".

Now that being the case, and as the transaction has another signature
anyway it occurred to me that you should be able to use a chain of
hash preimages to do it more efficiently again.

Rusty generalised that to have a lower setup by using a short of
hypercube multi-dimensional array of preimages.  (If you want 1million
hash preimages, then you have to actually compute 1 million of them at
setup.)  I had the idea that Rusty might've written a blog post on
this preimage generalisation however I dont seem to be able to find it
now.

Adam