[Lightning-dev] Lightning modifications draft paper

Nick ODell nickodell at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 16:19:19 UTC 2015

There doesn't seem to be any deployment timeline, and the BIP is
incredibly out of date.

I agree that rules 2-7 are nonstandard, but I don't think they're
applied to blocks.

>(details of that are forthcoming soon now that it has been deployed).
I was under the impression that the changes in BIP66 were only
prioritized because asking OpenSSL to verify DER encoding required
building with a specific version of OpenSSL, not because of any
security vulns.