[Lightning-dev] OP_CHECKSPVPROOFVERIFY

Eric Lombrozo elombrozo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 09:08:39 UTC 2015

I don’t know if anyone has done any research or published anything in this regard, but one of the major issues with bitcoin I’ve been trying to solve is how to properly incentivize nodes to construct SPV proofs.

It occurs to me that with the LN, it might be practical to outsource SPV proofs from other nodes.

It is obviously ridiculously prohibitive and self-defeating to include SPV proofs in the blockchain…however, in practice this would only be necessary when the SPV client fails to pay the prover.

Thoughts?

- Eric