[Lightning-dev] Lightning, the death of BIP62, and Segregated Witness

Greg Sanders gsanders87 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 15:31:50 UTC 2015

The hardfork variant is quite simple, if I understood it correctly. You
just stick the signatures in another parallel merkle tree. So if you don't
want to validate signatures, just don't download them, and validate
everything else. TXIDs don't use the signature at all. Nothing to malleate,
AFAIK. Not sure what the softfork plan is, but it will be a talk at Scaling
Bitcoin HK.