[Lightning-dev] How to exchange of Revocation preimage atomically ?

Nicolas Dorier nicolas.dorier at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 02:36:20 UTC 2015

I am still learrning about Lightning Network, slowly but surely.
As I was reviewing bip 112 (
https://github.com/btcdrak/bips/blob/bip112sync/bip-0112.mediawiki) I
noticed that HLTC seems to have a potential attack.

When both parties want to revoke a commitment, they need to send one to
another the revocation preimage.
However, if not done atomically, Alice intentionally not send her
revocation after receiving Bob's thus preventing Bob to withdraw his funds.

Am I missing something ?

The only way I see of fixing as is, is to require a third party expecting
he does not collude, but this defeat the whole purpose.

Nicolas,