[Lightning-dev] HTLCs using OP_CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY/OP_LOCKTIMEVERIFY and revocation hashes.

CJP cjp at ultimatestunts.nl
Thu Feb 11 21:00:32 UTC 2016

> Yes, unfortunately they're intertwined.  I was sure we'd discussed
> this before, and I found it.
>
> https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2015-July/000077.html
>
> We keep rediscovering this problem so I need to document it somewhere.

Ah, I see. I think, at the time that message was sent, I didn't
understand it yet. Now that I did the thinking myself, I guess I do.

Cool to see that the alternative solution (never completely depleting
ones channel balance, to have some 'collateral') was also mentioned. I'm
not sure yet which is better; if there is a demand for it, both types
could be implemented and used next to each other in Amiko Pay.

CJP