[Lightning-dev] Testing a Flare-like routing implementation on 2500 AWS nodes

Pierre pm+lists at acinq.fr
Tue Sep 27 09:07:59 UTC 2016

Hi Viacheslav,

> So, my question is: how sender requests receiver's routing table, if sender cannot communicate to receiver?
It is generally accepted that the transmission of a payment request
(amount + H) from a payee to a payer will happen off-band, maybe
through some kind of QR code on a webpage or something similar. We
assumed that we could attach a piece of data (the payee's routing
table) to this request. So you are right: this can be seen as a direct
one-way communication, between the receiver and the sender.

Cheers,

Pierre