[Lightning-dev] LN public marketplaces (exchanges)

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Dec 13 01:19:00 UTC 2017

Good Morning,

My understanding of your idea is the below:

1.  I set up as a middleman from the base blockchain to the LN.
2.  You send me an onchain transaction plus a fee and after 0 confirmations (!! risk) I send to the recipient on LN.

But please consider that you could run an LN node yourself, open a channel (and spend any fees you might have paid to me in the channel opening) and then sent to the recipient on LN yourself.  Further, you can afterwards make future payments to LN for low fees yourself, without having to make a new onchain transaction each time.  So I see no benefit to you using this service.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj