[Lightning-dev] Route finding and route generation

Johan Torås Halseth johanth at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 09:13:15 UTC 2017

I haven’t looked too closely at your proposal, but the first thing that hit me (2 weeks ago, sorry for not answering right away), is that instead of the basic flood-the-network-about-channels algorithm that currently is being used, this makes each route discovery request behave more or less like flooding (ask everybody within your local topology)?
Also it will be interesting to see when the network starts developing, I suspect that if you keep every node within 3 hops in your local topology, you end up storing most of the network anyway. So I think the routing algorithms will be far easier to optimize and analyze after some real world data :)
That being said, interesting idea, I’m not dismissing it :D