[Lightning-dev] High level fee mechanics

Thomas Steenholdt TSteenholdt at cascadetechnologypartners.com
Tue Apr 10 15:02:39 UTC 2018

Hi ZmnSCPxj,

I came up with a followup question...

Does node GOSSIP also reveal the funding/balance of channels, same way it does the fees?

I'm trying to understand how to make an informed payment routing decision as a sender, based on the fees (that you have already explained), but also the funding/balance of each channel, to select the cheapest route with the highest chance of success.

I have looked through the RFC and can't seem to find an explanation on whether or not the channel funding/balance information is available from GOSSIP or how else you'd handle this kind of thing?

I was hoping you might have a short explanation for this stuff as well? :-)

/Thomas