[Lightning-dev] Proposal for Advertising Lightning nodes via DNS records.

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Wed Apr 11 07:28:19 UTC 2018

Good morning Tyler,

> I will continue to approach the problem of securely advertising human-understandable node names, and I hope someday soon I will have a solution Lightning can use that retains the open, decentralized properties of the technology and the underlying blockchains.

I believe this faces the issue of Zooko's Triangle?  Decentralized, Secure, Human-meaningful: pick any two.

Node pubkeys are Decentralized and Secure (good luck memorizing store.blockstream.com node pubkey if you are merely human).

Node aliases are Decentralized and Human-meaningful (nothing prevents me from naming my node SLEEPYARK, though).

DNS is Secure and Human-meaningful (DNS registration is centralized around ICANN).

Maybe a DNS la

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj