[Lightning-dev] Proposal for Advertising Lightning nodes via DNS records.

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Fri Apr 20 03:43:30 UTC 2018

Good morning Tyler,

Offhand, I am uncertain the first script given in "Technical Proposal" works as a "check proof-of-work" script.

Are the "[]" comments? Or are they pushes of actual data embedded in the SCRIPT?  It seems to be comments...?

OP_CheckLockTimeVerify is absolute time, not relative time.  Why blockheight 52560 in particular?  I believe this was in 2010?  Or are you thinking OP_CHECKSEQUENCEVERIFY which imposes a relative timelock?

Locking funds for a time may be enough without pulling in proof-of-work, especially since the Bitcoin blockchain itself is already proof-of-work.  See my half-baked ideas for proof-of-mainstake, where locking funds in the mainchain is used as voting rights for correctness of the sidechain, avoiding normal proof-of-stake problems since the stake that backs the chain is on a separate proof-of-work chain.

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj