[Lightning-dev] Lightning JavaScript implementation that conforms BOLT

Tyler H tyzbit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:23:34 UTC 2018

Aleksey,

Considering the security situation with browsers, I think a better approach
would be to write an extension that interfaces with a daemon already
running on the system thrlugh REST or similar.

Lightning Charge would help here for c-lightning, or lnd has REST and gRPC
built in.

The key difference here is key msterial isn't accessed by the browser and
secured by the browser's pitiful security, but instead live in the usual
directory and the daemon handles it normally.

You could even do something like the Tor Browser Bundle and bundle the
daemon with the browser in a neat package.

Thanks,
Tyler