[Lightning-dev] Scriptless Scripts with ECDSA

Pedro Moreno Sanchez pmorenos at purdue.edu
Thu Apr 26 17:13:34 UTC 2018

Hello guys,

as some of you already know, I am working on some cryptographic
constructions that might be of interest and useful for the Lightning
Network.

Recently, I have come up with a scriptless version of the adaptor
signatures and the contract required in the Lighting Network using only
2-party ECDSA signatures. The main advantage is that, instead of waiting
for Schnorr signatures to be deployed in Bitcoin so that Poelstra's
scriptless scripts can be used, I believe that this ECDSA-version of the
scriptless scripts can be directly applied today.

Details are in the attached PDF. I am looking forward to hearing your
comments and suggestions.

Cheers,
Pedro.