[Lightning-dev] W3C Web Payments Working Group / Payment Request API

René Pickhardt r.pickhardt at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 23 21:15:04 UTC 2018

Hey lightning devs,

I was wondering if any of the companies here are members of W3C  and if
anyone here could be member of the W3C Web Payments Working Group (c.f.:
https://www.w3.org/Payments/WG/ )? According to this mail
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/lightning-dev/2018-March.txt
Christian Decker is a member. Which I think would be awesome!

They have just released their candidate recommendation for a payment API
at: https://www.w3.org/TR/payment-request/ According to their site the
proposed recommendation will be published not earlier than October 31st
2018. They are currently looking for feedback in their github repository
at: https://github.com/w3c/payment-request/

I can see that they have bitcoin somewhat on their mind. But I guess it
would be even cooler if we could make sure that lightning payments will
also be compatible with their recommendation.

Christian - if you really are a member -  could you give us an update on
that work? How relevant is it for us?

best Rene

--
https://www.rene-pickhardt.de