[Lightning-dev] An Argument For Single-Asset Lightning Network

Will Yager lists at yager.io
Thu Dec 27 12:47:57 UTC 2018

Very good point.

Two possible responses come to mind.

1. Cross-asset brokers charge a standard option premium to perform the brokerage. I can't tell if you think this is totally broken or if it's just sad. I don't understand lightning well enough to figure that out on my own - could you expand more on what effects this would have?

2. Cross-asset brokers require counterparties to issue them a symmetric but slightly more out-of-the-money call, which they can redeem in the event of a large FX swing. This bounds their FX losses.

Will