[Lightning-dev] Descriptive annotations visible to intermediate nodes

Benjamin Mord ben at mord.io
Thu Jan 11 16:40:56 UTC 2018

Thanks Christian. I'm reading the BOLTs and reviewing source code now, so
perhaps my question / request will be more usefully specific once I've
finished that review. Sorry for being vague as to use case for now, let me
just point out that the concept of source routing opens up a lot of
potential use cases that involve collaborations with intermediaries of
various sorts, but for which flexible communication capability would be
desirable or required (unless you do that out-of-band, which would be so
messy as to largely defeat the point.)

I'm impressed so far by how cleanly and explicitly the BOLTs address
extensibility. I find that reassuring, many thanks to whoever applied their
technical creativity to this aspect.

Was there a BOLT #6?