[Lightning-dev] Mesh network problem

Joseph Hoane joe_hoane at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 20 18:15:19 UTC 2018

I root for the Lightening Network’s success, but it seems to have an inherent weakness. Since routing tables are not part of the architecture how can the sender chose the next recipient so as to effect an efficient path to the ultimate receiver? With no routing table available the next receiver's connection to the remote ultimate receiver or to the ultimate receiver’s proximate connections is unknown. Even a powerful bridge node will not know an efficient subsequent path and could send the message on in exactly the most inefficient direction. How does choosing an efficient next intermediate receiver not remain a guess, a shot in the dark?
I don’t think any solution to the mesh network routing problem has been found. What am I missing here?  Thanks.