[Lightning-dev] DNS Seed query semantics clarification

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 12:37:17 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas,

indeed the spec is a bit vague on the flags. The intent is to use them
as subdomains. For example if you want to query for only realm IPv4
nodes then you'd use the following:

  dig a2.seed.bitcoinstats.com

while IPv4 or IPv6 nodes, but only nodes with realm 0, should be
returned to the following:

  dig r0.a6.seed.bitcoinstats.com

Notice however that I haven't implemented the query filtering itself
just yet.

Cheers,
Christian