[Lightning-dev] eltoo: A Simplified update Mechanism for Lightning and Off-Chain Contracts

Christian Decker decker.christian at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:28:53 UTC 2018

ZmnSCPxj <ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com> writes:
> Ha, no, looking at the detailed `SIGHASH_NOINPUT` spec, `hashPrevouts`, which normally commits to the other inputs, is blanked, so we do not commit to them either.  This means that `SIGHASH_NOINPUT` implicitly has a `SIGHASH_ANYONECANPAY`.
>
> (the BIP `SIGHASH_NOINPUT` in the eltoo pdf does not mention `hashSequence`, but it seems you managed to add that to your github BIP repository)

Yeah, Russell O'Connor pointed that difference out and I saw no point in
committing to the hashSequence, so I amended both the paper and the
BIP. The paper will get updated in a few days with the typos people have
found, but I thought that the BIP discussion was more urgent to keep up
to date, so I pushed that directly :-)