[Lightning-dev] eltoo: A Simplified update Mechanism for Lightning and Off-Chain Contracts

Carsten Otto carsten.otto at andrena.de
Thu May 3 16:17:28 UTC 2018

Hey Christian,

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 12:51:01PM +0200, Christian Decker wrote:
> The setup transaction is simply a transaction that spends some funds and
> creates a single output, which has the script from Figure 2, but since
> that would be a forward reference, I decided to handwave and call it a
> multisig. A simple fix would be to change the setup phase bullet point
> at the beginning of section 3, would that be sufficient?

A first clarification, which just regards the naming, would be to use
just one of "setup transaction" and "funding transaction". The symbol
T_{u,0} is only used once, on page 6. I'd either remove it, or used it
in other places (Fig. 1?), too.

Without your mail (thanks!) I did not see that the setup transaction
output is complicated (has branches) as shown in Fig. 2. A clarification
at the named bullet point would indeed help (although I see the issue of
forward references).

One idea (just to get my idea across, I'm sure you can do better):
 old: "to a 2-of-2 multisig address"
 new: "to a script making use of 2-of-2 multisig"

> If instead of calling it a multisig we call it a multiparty output and
> reference the script in Figure 2, that'd be addressed as well.

I agree.

> Well, it has arbitrary inputs, and a single output with the script from
> Figure 2, in the non-trigger case, and in the trigger case it'd be just
> a `2 A B 2 OP_CMSV`.

Got it. Follow up question: would a second output (change) be OK? I see
some advantages, but I'm not sure if it would work.

Thanks
Carsten
--
andrena objects ag
Ganghoferstraße 70

http://www.andrena.de

Vorstand: Hagen Buchwald, Dr. Dieter Kuhn, Stefan Schürle
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rolf Hetzelberger

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 109694
USt-IdNr. DE174314824

Bitte beachten Sie auch unsere anstehenden Veranstaltungen:
http://www.andrena.de/events