[Lightning-dev] Receiving via unpublished channels

Hiroshi UENO ueno at nayuta.co
Wed May 9 04:49:40 UTC 2018

Hi, ZmnSCPxj.

 > An idea we want to consider is to simply send `channel_update` as soon as we lock in the channel:
 > https://github.com/ElementsProject/lightning/pull/1330#issuecomment-383931817

Our node(ptarmigan) discard `channel_update` without `channel_announcement`.
We want to implement it.

I have some questions.
   * Does `channel_update` send only for `announce_channel == 0`(in` open_channel.channel_flags`) ?
   * Does `channel_update` send every time after `funding_locked` sending(established and reconnection) ?

Regards,
nayuta-ueno