[Lightning-dev] Proposal for "local" channel announcements.

ZmnSCPxj ZmnSCPxj at protonmail.com
Fri Nov 2 06:01:55 UTC 2018

Good morning Rusty,

To clarify, it seems the below:

1.  There is a "private" node, one whose channels are all non-published.
2.  There is a public node who knows that everything that passes through the channel with the "private" node comes only from the "private" node.  It thus has an information advantage it might not have any incentive to sacrifice.
3.  This protocol is initiated by the public node, and if the public node does not initiate it, the "private" node can do nothing.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,
ZmnSCPxj

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.